"Hmmm. Well. Ooooohkay." Then I hear the door open again, and the person leave. WTF?
Back onto the Ohio Turnpike toll road we go. Traffic out this way seems nothing like I'm used to on 95 heading north or south. Gas prices are creeping up near $3 a gallon. We stop, grab travel food, McD's wraps and a DQ shake. Leasa innocently asks if I want to trade my chicken wrap for her Angus beef. Seems the beef here tastes "different" than Canadian beef. I say sure, take a bite, and almost heave. It was like biting in a mayo filled tortilla tube. Thought Leasa might heave too....from laughing.
Not long after we hit the end of the turnpike, we hit another toll, then after crossing the bridge into Chicago, another toll. Land of the tolls. The traffic around 5pm, even on a Saturday, is insane around Chicago. Again, the TomTom kept us in the right lanes to navigate through the mess.
We made it to our hotel in Vernon Hills, the Indigo, around 630. Nice boutique hotel, chique, comfortable. Love these smaller hotels where you park about 30 feet from the front doors and zip right up to your room
Found a nearby movie theater showing Due Date at 700 and 730, so I jumped on Fandango, wrote the confirmation numbers down and we were off. Popcorn in hand but with 20 minutes to spare, we walked into the theater but, the movie was running. Hmm. Ticket said theater 1 at 730, but it was showing at another theater at 700, maybe they mixed up? Sat in the other theater, 730 rolled around, 740, no movie. I went back out to the ticket booth and suddenly realized....DOH! Time zone change! So, 20 minutes later, the 7pm movie started.
Stocked up on yogurt, fruit, Hawaiian buns, peanut butter, grapes.....7hours tomorrow to Bloomington, Minnesota, where the stars have oddly aligned and we'll be meeting up with some Vegas friends.
Snow on the car - good morning!

Sausage and Egg McMuffin on a bisquit! YUM!

a mini snowman at the service plaza

I swear I did not order the beef mayo wrap! It was suppose to be mushroom and swiss - totally gross. Thanks D for eating it!

The Indigo
No comments:
Post a Comment